Monday 14 January 2013

Ukulele fun

I`m a big music fan and play a variety of instruments and over the last two and a years I have fallen in love with the ukulele.  This lovely little (and not so little) string instrument is extremely versatile and has a wonderfully user friendly reputation which puts even the complete beginner at ease.  I am a member of the Norwich Ukulele society and at our recent christmas party I teamed up with some friends to play a mini gig.  I`m on the far right of the picture on the right.  We played my personal favorite, I Want to Marry a Lighthouse Keeper, DeDooRunRun and Find My Love by the great Eddy Reader. 



 As well as performances by other members of the society we had a great buffet, a rolling raffle and a
guest appearance by the re-entrants, who amongst other great uke cover versions, played The Ace Of Spades by Motorhead, just wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment